Removes 99% of chlorine from your shower water. Sprite cartridges use a patented filtration media that converts chlorine into a harmless salt that is found frequently in beauty products.
- Ultra-High Strength Housing
- Cartridge Life Rating: 1 Year
- Cartridge is recyclable
- The High-Output Shower Filter contains a reversible filter cartridge that will filter the shower water for 1 year.
- This high performance shower filter combines easy operation and maintenance with the ultimate in structural integrity and over-all reliability.
- The HO is the strongest replaceable shower filter available on the market today.
- No more dry flaky skin
- Better respiratory health
- Softer, younger looking skin
- Reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Reduce risk of asthma and bronchitis
- Better air quality throughout your home
- Chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, get higher energy levels and better overall health
Why Do I Need It?
- Chlorine is universally used to chemically disinfect water. Municipal water suppliers use chlorine and its derivatives to effectively destroy microorganisms in drinking water. Chlorine is also a familiar bleaching agent, most homes use a chlorine based bleach. To be an effective bleach it is necessary that a substance be able to attack organic matter – chlorine does this.
How it Works?
- Uses a redox reaction to convert chlorine into a harmless chloride. It contains Chlorgon, a type of Redox filtration media. You might ask, why not Carbon? We need to take account of temperature, rate and volume of water:
- Temperature: Carbon is a cold water filter and is most effective at temperature ranges of 10-27 degrees Celcius. At higher temperatures, carbon becomes ineffective and will “off-load”, releasing contaminants into the water. Chlorgon as a filtration media was designed for hot water, becoming more efficient as the water temperature increases.
- Flow Rate: The flow rate of most drinking water filters is less than 1.89 Litres per minute (Lpm), Shower water flows at a minimum of 9.46 Lpm which is Sx greater – even using cold water, a minimum of Sx the amount of carbon would be necessary to filter the shower water.