Sprite Shower Filter
Removes 99% of chlorine from your shower water. Sprite cartridges use a patented filtration media that converts chlorine into a harmless salt that is found frequently in beauty products.
- Ultra-High Strength Housing
- Cartridge Life Rating: 1 Year
- Cartridge is recyclable
- The High-Output Shower Filter contains a reversible filter cartridge that will filter the shower water for 1 year.
- This high performance shower filter combines easy operation and maintenance with the ultimate in structural integrity and over-all reliability.
- The HO is the strongest replaceable shower filter available on the market today.
- No more dry flaky skin
- Better respiratory health
- Softer, younger looking skin
- Reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Reduce risk of asthma and bronchitis
- Better air quality throughout your home
- Chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, get higher energy levels and better overall health
Chlorine is universally used to chemically disinfect water. Municipal water suppliers use chlorine and its derivatives to effectively destroy microorganisms in drinking water. Chlorine is also a familiar bleaching agent, most homes use a chlorine based bleach. To be an effective bleach it is necessary that a substance be able to attack organic matter – chlorine does this.
Uses a redox reaction to convert chlorine into a harmless chloride. It contains Chlorgon, a type of Redox filtration media. You might ask, why not Carbon? We need to take account of temperature, rate and volume of water:
- Temperature: Carbon is a cold water filter and is most effective at temperature ranges of 10-27 degrees Celcius. At higher temperatures, carbon becomes ineffective and will “off-load”, releasing contaminants into the water. Chlorgon as a filtration media was designed for hot water, becoming more efficient as the water temperature increases.
- Flow Rate: The flow rate of most drinking water filters is less than 1.89 Litres per minute (Lpm), Shower water flows at a minimum of 9.46 Lpm which is Sx greater – even using cold water, a minimum of Sx the amount of carbon would be necessary to filter the shower water.