Water softening is the reduction of calcium, magnesium, and certain other metals from hard water. It can reduce problems such as lime scale build-up, shortened appliance and plumbing life, and the formation of soap scum.
Excessive hardness in water due to high levels of calcium carbonate will cause scale buildup on pipes and particularly water heating elements. There will also be a difficulty getting soap and detergents to lather.
All these problems can be eliminated efficiently by installing an Automatic Water Softener. They utilise the ion exchange process where the calcium is replaced with the more soluble sodium. This is all done automatically using a timer control which allows the Water Softener resin bed to backwash and regenerate with a brine solution as required.
Polyethylene – moulded high density
- Time-tested Duraflow flapper provides frictionless sealing for longer service life. Fiber-reinforced polymer valve body for superior strength and durability, non-corrosive, and UVresistant.
- Optical sensor for precision cycle positioning
- Fully adjustable 3 or 5 cycle control for efficient and reliable water treatment system
- Continuous service flow rate of 76 GPM with a backwash of 89 GPM. Backwash capability accommodates softener tanks up to 36″ and filter up to 36″ in diameter, and is designed for single or multiple tank systems.
- Super capacitor for keeping time of day during power outage Programming stored in memory and will not be lost due to power outages. History data for valve performance